SLAC team provide support to community groups and encourage community development.
- Line dancing social group – classes every Wednesday, 9.30am – 11.30am, $5 per class.
- New Stars Association Inc.
- Italian Elderly Citizens Club
- Mandarin Support Network
- Springvale Ballroom Dancing Club
- Vietnamese Performing Arts Centre
- Melbourne Asian Basketball Association
- Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre
- Springvale Neighbourhood House
- Eritrean South Eastern Group and Al-Fajar Sunday School
- Social Badminton Group
- Taek Wondo School
- Training workshops for community groups
We developed a series of two-hour training workshops for local community groups interested in continuous improvement in their governance, management and community development practices. Groups can request one workshop, the full series of workshops or a combination of two or workshops.
Mentoring assistance will be provided to community groups willing to implement relevant continuous improvement plans.
- Registering your group as an incorporated association
- Roles and responsibilities of Committee members
- Good governance practices
- Financial Management
- Community Development Project Planning
- Community Development Project Management and Evaluation
- Writing grant applications
- Marketing and promotion strategies
- Strategic and business panning for community groups