Learning and Skills | Community Connections |
Excellence | Innovation | Integrity
SLAC team provide support to community groups and encourage community development.
Line – Dancing social group – classes every Wednesday, 9.30am – 11.30am, $5 per class.
New Stars Association Inc.
Italian Elderly Citizens Club
Mandarin Support Network
Springvale Ballroom Dancing Club
Vietnamese Performing Arts Centre
Melbourne Asian Basketball Association
Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre
Springvale Neighbourhood House
Eritrean South Eastern Group and Al-Fajar Sunday School
Social Badminton Group
Taek Wondo School
Training workshops for community groups
We developed a series of two-hour training workshops for local community groups interested in continuous
improvement in their governance, management and community development practices.
The groups can request one workshop, the full series of workshops or a combination of two or workshops.
Mentoring assistance will be provided to community groups willing to implement relevant continuous improvement
• Registering your group as an incorporated association
• Roles and responsibilities of Committee members
• Good governance practices
• Financial Management
• Community Development Project Planning
• Community Development Project Management and Evaluation
• Writing grant applications
• Marketing and promotion strategies
• Strategic and business panning for community groups