Learning and Skills | Community Connections |
Excellence | Innovation | Integrity
South East Learn Local Pathways Network
Support Programs for Workers in Employment Transition
(retrenched or at risk of being retrenched)
How can the Network help you? Workers in Transition – Learn Local Pathways
- Wide variety of short courses, and pre-accredited training programs , some are fully subsidised.
- In particular, for retrenched auto-supply chain workers.
- Free, independent and impartial Language, Literacy and Numeracy tests.
- Strong support for retrenched workers willing to improve Language, Literacy, Numeracy and Computer Skills.
- Welcoming, local and friendly training settings.
- Career and resume support, and new job search counselling services.
- Many other social, health and educational programs.
- Links to other services.
Get started with a pre-accredited program
These programs are designed to help learners gain the confidence and skills needed to look for a job or go on
to further study. They include courses in communication, job search skills, getting ready to go back to work and
literacy and numeracy.
SLAC offers the following Learn Local pre-accredited programs:
Digital Literacy and Computer Courses
Digital Literacy class in the Vietnamese language
Everyday English conversational classes
Cultural Learning Clubs
Adult Learning Facilitator Course
Bridging course to community work
Bridging course to Business – Customer Service and Handling Complaints
Bridging course to Business – Financials and OHS
Bridging Course to Business – Computers
VET Learning Support program
Advanced writing skills course
SLAC is registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board. The quality and structure of
all pre-accredited programs is regularly reviewed by the ACFE Board. More information about the ACFE Board is
available on the Department of Education and Training’s website.
For information about enrolments, fees and charges, go to Administration page.